Tuesday, February 14, 2012

an old note on love April 15, 2010

 Love is a powerful thing. love is Jesus.

I used to think I knew what love was ....But the more I tried to fill myself with it, the emptier I became. When I came face to face with Jesus, I almost missed it. Because His love is so unlike anything I've ever known. It's uncomprehendable I think... it's so astounding and powerful and comforting all at once.. it's like there really isn't a word for it. It's not love, it's something deeper, more intimate, something MORE. Maybe the closest word we have for it is love, but it's definately more than the love we know. whatever it is, it's something REAL…

…I heard this song that says actually exactly what God showed me. It's a Sidewalk Prophet's song called HE LOVES ME ANYWAY but at one part it says 'i am the nails in your wrists.. but you love me anyway, i am JUDAS"S KISS, but YOU LOVE ME ANYWAY..' in everything, Jesus LOVES me. This isn't the kind of love I can take lightly... it's not something i can get used to and be able to throw around the phrase 'Jesus Loves us all!' cuz its so deep, like so much more than just that!! I can't even describe in words the feelings and just the TRUTH of the statement.. so powerful, so glorious, so perfect.

At first I felt comforted, safe, and accepted in the loving arms of Jesus. I felt forgiven and like everything was good, i finally GOT it and me and Jesus were THERE. and then i messed up. After i had finally felt and understood this great and mighty love, i went and messed up? how does that happen?? I thought it was all over, that I couldnt get back what I had. But Jesus was STILL attending my EVERY need, STILL telling me He loved me anyways, STILL lavishing me with His attention (big thing!) and love. And thats when i felt something different. Thats when the unworthiness set in. And His grace. It's so cool how they work together. This whole Jesus thing is amazing actually. like i really can't describe it, it's just so so awesome.

But I realized I will never be THERE in my relationship with the one true love, but i'll continue walking daily a journey. I'll never be perfect, nor do i try. But i'll always find myself back in His arms. I don't have it all together yet, I'm not even close. I don't shine Jesus the way I need to, I'm no 'superchristian' and I don't want to be. But I take it day by day, living in the Love that Jesus is to me, falling at His feet in my unworthiness, and being continually picked back up and wrapped in the loving arms of Jesus. and THATS exactly where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment